Teton Valley Lodge is located in a rural area of Idaho. However, if you forget something, we can make a run to the store for you and we have a fully stocked fly shop with gear. Use this packing list to prepare for your trip to Teton Valley Lodge.
We recommend a water-repellent bag for your time outdoors. Always have your rain gear near or at the top for easy access. Weather in Idaho is very unpredictable. No matter when you visit, be prepared for highs in the 80s and lows in the 40s. Always be prepared for rain and wind.
Lodge clothing should be casual and comfortable. Because we are exposed to the elements each day away from the lodge, warmth and dryness should be considered in all clothing choices. We recommend layering your clothing for warmth and versatility.
If you don’t have your own, we can provide you with rental equipment each day. Many people just rent from us to save the hassle of traveling with their own gear.
- 2 rods and reels, either 5 or 6 weights
- We provide all terminal tackle including, leaders, tippets, and flies
Clothing and Accessories
If you forget something, we have a fully stocked fly shop with clothing and gear for sale.
- High-quality breathable raincoat in good condition
- Long sleeved shirt
- Wet wading sandals or shoes
- Lightweight pants or shorts
- Lightweight and fleece long underwear (May, June, September, October)
- Fleece sweater or jacket
- Casual clothing for wearing around the lodge
- Insect repellant. We sell this so you don’t have to deal with TSA.
- Sunscreen. We sell this so you don’t have to deal with TSA.
- Waterproof boat bag
- Liquor (if desired)
- Beer and wine (available at the lodge)
- Books or games
- Polarized sunglasses